Lucid Absinthe Superieure is definitely the first authentic wormwood that contains Absinthe to become legalized in the US ever since the ban in 1912 so many people are
eager to know where to buy Lucid Absinthe.
Lucid was made by distiller Ted Breaux and Viridian Spirits for the US Absinthe market. In contrast to other fake Absinthes, that had been created to be sold in the US, it contains real grande wormwood (Artemisia Absinthium) as well as other standard Absinthe herbs. More details can be found at drinklucid.com but here are several details of Lucid Absinthe Superieure:-
– It obtains its green color from whole herbs instead of unnatural colors.
– It has wormwood, sweet fennel, green anise and other classic Absinthe herbs.
– It was developed by Ted Breaux, a prominent Absinthe distiller, who used his understanding of traditional Absinthe making methods to make this historically correct vintage style Absinthe which meets US regulations.
– Lucid includes a full measure of grande wormwood the same as pre ban Absinthes. It was a myth that Absinthe contained immeasureable thujone – tests on vintage bottles showed that they would all pass US laws (10mg/kg or under of thujone).
– Lucid contains 62% alcohol by volume.
– It is distilled in Saumur in France.
– Lucid carries a very exclusive black bottle with green cat’s eyes inspired by a Montmartre cabaret show “Le Chat Noir” from 1881.
Where to buy Lucid Absinthe
In line with the Lucid website it could be bought across the United States so you should be able to buy it from your local liquor store. It is possible to look on the drinklucid website for stockists of Lucid by state, online stockists for instance Shoppers Vineyard and Crown Wine and Spirits, and also for bars and restaurants that serve Lucid. The website also offers a web shop where you could order Lucid apparel.
Lucid isn’t the only Absinthe to have been legalized in the USA – a product called Green Moon and Absinthes from Kubler have also been legalized.
Another excellent way of enjoying Absinthe in the USA would be to order Absinthe essences from AbsintheKit.com who offer free world wide shipping. There is a handling fee for the initial item but shipping and handling is free of charge for additional products ordered.
The essences via AbsintheKit.com are made from an alcohol base that is distilled with top-quality herbs such as wormwood, aniseed and fennel. The essences are very economical, only $3.95 ($4.95 for the Strong 55) per 20ml essence that makes a 750ml bottle of Absinthe. Kits containing 280ml of essence, a measure and bottle labels are also offered costing $29 ($39 for Strong 55). These kits generate 14 bottles of Absinthe therefore they are a great buy. Basically mix 20ml of essence together with 730ml of Everclear or vodka and you’ve got your own personal real Green Fairy, as Absinthe may be known.
Essences are a great option to looking for where to buy Lucid Absinthe and are fun to use too.